Folatur promotes the development of the distribution channel of the tourism industry, represented by travel agencies
and tour operators all of which promote the transparent competition.
Mr. Guillermo Correa Sanfuentes, President, FOLATUR; President, ACHET, Chile
Mrs. Paula Cortés Calle, Vice-president, FOLATUR; President, ANATO, Colombia
Mr. Gustavo Hani, Secretary, FOLATUR; President, FAEVYT, Argentina
- ABAV – Brazil
- ABAVYT – Bolivia
- ACHET – Chile
- ANATO – Colombia
- APAVIT – Perú
- ASATUR – Paraguay
- ASECUT – Ecuador
- AUDAVI – Uruguay
- AVAVIT – Venezuela
- FAEVYT – Argentina
- GRUPO GMA – México
FOLATUR’s key objectives are:
- To promote the study, development and professionalisation of the tourism activity in Latin America.
- To support and protect the tour operators and travel agencies interests affiliates to Folatur, before
governments and private associations, and transport companies.
- To join forces with national and international authorities with public or private institutions, national or
foreign, academic institutions and the encouragement of all activities that promote the development of the
defined purposes in the Latin American field.
- To promote and ensure the development of the distribution channel of the tourism industry, represented by
travel and tourism agencies and tour operators, through which instances of fair and transparent competition
- To promote the importance of travel and tourism agencies and tour operators in the market of distribution of
travel, transport and tourism industry.
- To be a Latin American point of reference for travel and tourism agencies and tour operators, defending
their professional and commercial interests.
- To promote, propose and disseminate the common objectives of the members associations.
- To study and stimulate the analysis of the problems associated to the tourism sector in the region, advising
and proposing solutions, to look after the interests of the industry.
- To promote the collaboration among their member associations.
- To contribute in the promotion of sustainable and healthy competitive industry in Latin America.
- To project and disseminate the importance of tourism and their entire context, as well as its potential, as
a mean of development and growth for the community.
- To carry out comparative legislation studies related to the regulation of the travel and tourism agencies
and tour operators activities, as well as the consumer defense entities in order to maintain the interests
of the associated members.
- To promote the creation of a Latin American Tourism Observatory, among the member countries in order to
understand the context and needs of the travel agencies and tour operators of the member associations.
- To evaluate the implementation of a viral campaign in which the professional work of travel agencies and
tour operators is highlighted.